Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Sunday, November 17, 2013

Excerpt from Dreams can Kill

This is an excerpt from my latest book e-book Dreams can Kill. 





          Searching to retrieve memories Sharron Alexander, (recovering from a bullet wound to the head) does not know who to trust. As she struggles to recover her assailant’s identity, the assailant plays cat and mouse with her searching to retrieve something else she doesn’t recall. Sharron must fight and remember or she will find out Dreams can Kill.




Chapter 1 - Survival


     The rain pelted down on me, as I struggled to come to my senses. My head felt like it had split in two, as if little lumberjacks had taken up residence. I opened one eye. The world spun sideways like a ride at the fair. I tried shutting one eye, then the other. I nearly fell back to sleep. I opened my eyes again, fighting the sleep which wanted to overtake me. I shuttered my eyes again, as my stomach protested. My whole body manipulated, bruised, bent and broken like some old rag doll discarded.



      Sleep...sleep would solve my problems, my brain protested. No! I had a reason I needed to stay awake and alert...A little sleep, a part of me protested again. No, I must stay conscious. But I remained so tired. I dragged myself across the pebbled ground. My right leg stuck out at an impossible angle, obviously broken. I saw by lifting my heard slightly and turning it that there appeared to be a road up ahead. I had to get to the road. If I dragged myself that far, surely I would be rescued?



     But it was oh so hard, to drag yourself backwards, when you couldn’t perceive where you were going. Oh no, what if he came back. He would finish me off...finish what he had started.



      He who? Who was this person, who left me to die? Why couldn’t I remember? Don’t panic… the thing to do is right now is to reach help; then and only then would I be safe. I caressed large pieces of gravel which cut into the back of my head. I sensed I was close to the road. I reached out with my good hand and touched a paved surface. I knew I didn’t have much strength left. I experienced the energy drain quickly leaving my body. I tried to fight the drain, but the world faded to black.

ڿڰۣ--ڰڿ--ڿڰۣ--ڰڿ

©Sheilagh Lee October 31, 2013

If you'd like to read more please go buy the e-book at

No comments:

Post a Comment