Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Friday, December 2, 2016

Christmas Joy

Picture

Honorable Mention Week 242


Christmas Joy

          I sat in a box ,year after year gathering dust in the back of a cold dark shelf, high up in a closet. Then I’d been taken out of my box, dusted off and put  near the lights to give my glass exterior its best colour; but it had been many years since I adorned the sapling by the window.

      How could I bring them their Christmas wishes if they forgot about me year after year? Had something happened to that family? The man kissed his wife under the tree from the time she was twenty and his new bride; to when her hair was thatched with white and their home and filled with more and more descendants every year. Some years ago it had stopped and I lay abandoned on a shelf.

    I heard the door open and my heart filled with joy. A woman I’d never seen before reached for my box dusted me off and took me out of the box marveling at the light that shone through me.

“It’s a done deal; the house is ours,” the man said as he entered.
“Look what I found!” the woman said, “Our first Christmas ornament, an angel. It will bring us luck.”
“I’ve had nothing but luck since I found you but if it makes you happy; let’s put it at the top of our tree.”
   Happy again, I shone brightly at the top of the tree, bringing joy to all, for that was my name.
 ©Sheilagh Lee December 1 ,2016

If you like this story please check out my Christmas books available on Kindle at Amazon
                                    http://amzn.to/1eTkGkL   /  http://amzn.to/2bys2Ak  /   http://amzn.to/2bMTLhy  




                                                                or purchase all three plus bonus novella and stories 




  1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment