Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Three Word Wednesday-The Christmas Angel 2- The Christmas Star

Three Word Wednesday-The Christmas Angel 2- The Christmas Star
Unacceptable, adjective: intolerable, insufferable, unsatisfactory, inadmissible, inappropriate, unsuitable, undesirable, unreasonable, insupportable; offensive, obnoxious, disagreeable, disgraceful, deplorable, beyond the pale, bad; a bit much, too much, not on.
Vain, adjective: conceited, narcissistic, self-loving, in love with oneself, self-admiring, self-regarding, self-obsessed, egocentric, egotistic, egotistical; proud, arrogant, boastful, cocky, cocksure, immodest, swaggering; informal big-headed; literary vainglorious, futile, useless, pointless, to no purpose, hopeless, in vain; ineffective, ineffectual, inefficacious, impotent, unavailing, to no avail, fruitless, profitless, unrewarding, unproductive, unsuccessful, failed, abortive, for nothing; thwarted, frustrated, foiled.
Wakeful, adjective: awake, restless, restive, tossing and turning, alert, watchful, vigilant, on the lookout, on one's guard, attentive, heedful, wary.

I first wrote part of this last Thursday for ThursThreads 
HMwinner241.jpg


and won an HM for that part but I’ve added to it much more since then and this is the condensed version of the added story for blog purposes.

The Christmas Angel 2 - The Christmas Star
         Christmas is a magical time of year when hearts are lighter, and people seem to care more about others. How I wish this could last throughout the year. Humans would share with others, be kinder and the world would always be an enchanted place. Christmas also brings sadness and an awareness of their place in the universe. These sad sacks whose hearts are battered and bruised, these have a right to be sad. They’ve loved lost, loved ones who were missed from their hearts and dinner tables. Some have gone through trauma, and or illness, they are not vain just simply poor and downtrodden by life. It's unacceptable that some people avoid them. Nerves can be exposed and these people need most of all a human touch of kindness. These people are assigned a Christmas angel. Why am I commenting on this? Because it is now my job to help these people as their Christmas angel as my cousin Mary-Ellen once did for others in The Christmas Angel.the christmas angel cover 2 .jpg

       It is a great honour that has been bestowed on me and I don’t want to fail so I had to be wakeful, watch my subjects and decide how to begin.  I started first with Craig Trent. Craig grieving and lost without his parents has let the one thing he loved, Christina, go out of his life.   So I’ve been whispering in his ear to remind him what he's truly missing. Then I went to Christina and whispered in hers; but the two of them are stubborn’ I’m afraid this will require more so I had to receive permission from Aarush to materialize as a wedding planner.
      How can I accomplish this you ask? Craig ‘accidentally’ bumped into me in the coffee shop several days in a row and since I drop wedding planning stuff every day, his brain starts thinking about what he truly wants. We in heaven know that he wants to wed Christina and spend his life with her for that is what he's always wished and prayed upon the Christmas star.
      Parabart an angel who I met in my reeducation classes has offered to help me by needling Christina about coming home and reminding her of all the times Craig was there for her. I think that might work and I agree. After all there isn’t much time until Christmas my deadline.

     I convince Craig plan a surprise wedding but; the fact is he hasn’t even proposed yet. He hasn't even told Christina how he felt about her. Maybe my plans have gotten ahead of themselves. I am rushing everything I think and rush gets failure.
Parabart informed me that he’s tried his best; but Christina isn’t even coming home for Christmas. Everything is ruined. I’ve blown my first assignment.

       Aarush counselled me about proud going before a fall and then he stepped in 
and worked his magic helping Christina get a sitcom. Christina seemed happier and she  decided to come home. I had to step back and let fate work trusting that these two would find their way now Aarush said.Apparently that  advice didn't count for Aarush,  he  stayed nearby them while I was allowed to watch through the viewer until I was needed.

     Christina seemed happy about actually coming home for Christmas. I heard her thoughts. “Maybe, just maybe she’d have a white Christmas instead of palm trees swaying in the breeze and the sun beating down on her when she went outside on Christmas day Ten long years since she’d been home everything had changed and yet it looked like nothing had changed. The house next door where her best friend Craig lived still looked the same dressed up like the Griswolds for Christmas despite the death of Craig’s parents. I could see the lights made her happy reminding her of the past and I congratulated my self for needling Craig about the  revival of the Christmas lights.

      I heard Christina's thoughts as she exited her car. "Craig had wanted to travel and work in Los Angeles but instead he gone to the University here in town and looked after his ailing parents until six months ago. Poor Craig he’d only been to see Christina at once week a year when her parents had looked after his and then they’d died within two weeks of each other. Mom and dad had called her and Christina flew home but a week wasn’t enough time to comfort your best friend. The last six months instead of the daily calls he now called once a week if Christina was lucky. Had he found someone finally? Christina didn’t know how she felt about that. She wished she could talk with him she missed him surely she see him over Christmas. She told mom and dad to invite him.”

         Christina looked through the window of her parent’s home and she saw Craig. Christina smiled, but then she felt unsure. Christina wanted to share her good news that she landed an acting job with all of them; but her mom and dad were always asking "Did you meet someone? When will you settle down? You should have married Vincent and then pursued your career". Such old fashion archaic ideas belonged in the past; but still after ten years she wondered about Vincent, the football jock who she’d given up for her career. That what if! 

        She starred up at the Christmas star and said, “Star bright, Christmas star light I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight. Then she wished to see what her life would have been married to Vincent. 

         I saw Aarush grant this wish and I gasped why was he wrecking everything?

         I watched as Christina entered the house and saw Vincent.

“I’ve been waiting for you. Were you spending all my money? Money doesn’t grow on trees you know and community theatre brings in diddly squat you should quit stay home and look after our kids. .”
“What?” Christina said.
“Are you feeling all right, wife? Because you’re supposed to cook me dinner when we get home and those little brats running around are getting on my nerves.”
“I’m not your wife,” Christina stumbled.

       Two children a boy and a girl ran around the Christmas tree screaming and yelling almost knocking over the tree. Christina wanted to give them a timeout but she didn’t want to offend their parents.
“That ring on your finger says I own you babe and those little rugrats screaming and hitting one another are mine. At least that’s what you tell me.”
“No one owns me.”

       Vincent then bopped her in the nose and broke it.

This is where I'm breaking the story if you'd like to continue reading over the holidays while I'm gone or even immediately go to http://sheilaghlee.blogspot.ca/2016/12/the-christmas-star-part-2.html



©Sheilagh Lee December 14 ,2016
Christmas-Tree-Nature1024.jpg christmascard 10.JPG


5 comments:

  1. Christmas is indeed a mix of happy and sad - we wish you a peaceful Christmas time Sheilagh and look forward to seeing you in the new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the same too you JaeRose. please read the second part of the story it has a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful story so far. Need to read the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I wasn't expecting that! Aarush seems to have manipulated things a little. What induced him to do it?

    ReplyDelete