Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday Writings No#11--Faith

Tuesday Writings No#11--Faith
Prompts:  
Wondrous, discover, recipe

      My grandfather had died and I had been temporarily working at the family business for six months but my family was pressuring me to stay. The day I met Michaela I had worked late and I was starving so I planned on dining alone at my favourite restaurant. Met isn’t the correct word I rescued her from a mugger. After the police report we had a late dinner and got to know each other.
     She was hesitant to tell me about herself at first.Afraid I'd discover that she was a single mom and her baby daddy was in prison for murder she hesitantly told me. She thought that would chase me off; but I’d fallen for her and I didn’t want to let her go. she thought that wondrous and started to date me. We had only known each other a week when I asked her to marry me. She begged me to introduce her to my family first. That was a mistake. They hated her on sight telling me that Michaela would bankrupt me steal our family legacy. Angry, I left giving them the business and vowing never to speak to them again. Michaela urged me to make up with them but I stood firm.
Michaela cried and said, “I feel like a terrible person. You’ll regret getting together with me.”
“But I have faith in us.”


          Michaela married me. It was she who urged me to save the family business a year later. Her  family recipe for cookies passed from generation to generation made our cookie factory relevant again. 
      It’s been fifty years now since I met and married Michaela. The family loves her they say they could never survive without her. And our boys carry on the family tradition making their great grandmother's cookies.

If you'd like to join in for Tuesday Writings go to http://tantalizingtuesdaytetetetes.blogspot.ca/2017/09/tuesdays-writing-no-11.html   and leave your url and name in comments to your story or poem.

2 comments:

  1. It's a whole legacy story in a nutshell. pun intended. Wait, you didn't say anything about the cookie recipe including nuts....

    ReplyDelete