Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Thursday, November 2, 2017

Untraceable -Part 3

    Untraceable -Part 3

      My name is Sheriff Bullet. People call me Gee for short. I’m the Sheriff of Driftwood, Colorado and I have been for the last year and a half. I’m a recent widower; my bride was murdered the day after our wedding. It’s a bit of a story; I met Tina a doctor and fell in love instantly with her. We dated for six months and married when I found out she was expecting our daughter.
         Tina had been placed in my orbit by a master criminal who wanted to keep tabs on the new sheriff and almost succeeded; but Tina made the mistake of falling in love with me which sealed her fate. The master criminal killed Tina, my unborn baby, and Tina’s brother, but I had managed to kill her by accident while fighting for her weapon.
By the way I also have custody of a five year old daughter, Stella-Marie with my first wife who is serving time in prison for trying to kill me. I know what you’re thinking this guy is a loser; he sure knows how to pick his wives doesn’t he? I swear I’m working on my failings.  Who I’m I kidding? It was part of keeping my job as a sheriff.  I have to see a therapist once a week. The nearby county investigators may have labelled the criminal’s death a good shoot; but they didn’t like that our emotions had been so easily corrupted and compromised by a drug supplier. We’ve been warned not to let ourselves get so easily tangled. Easy? Are they kidding? The mastermind behind it all had been one step ahead of us before I even arrived in Driftwood.

      I was the lucky one my friend Gordon Chum who had been the S.A.I.C. (the Special Agent in Charge) had been demoted and assigned to a desk for the last year.  I’d see him on weekends and holidays and he wasn’t very happy. With all that going on in the time I’d been at Driftwood, despite my moaning and complaining to my surprise I was bored. You know what they say about boredom don’t you? As Arthur Schopenhauer used to say ~Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other.

    The plane crash lead to another case of which I’m about to let you in on now and it all started with Penny seeing the crash , calling me and then going out to save them.

     I hurried to the scene after calling the FAA and brought some of my cops with me. We all began searching for the site that Penny had described. Deep in the forest we found the plane burning brightly a shattered piece of metal. The pilots were found were mangled and in pieces and the other three bodies broken looked like rag dolls had fallen from the sky. One seat was intact a short distance from the crash site. By our count two seats were missing.  Where were they and where was Penny?

     We searched the area and found to our surprise a single seat intact a short distance away the occupant; a woman in her thirties however was dead. There were ATV tracks near here but we’d have to examine them closer to figure out how old the tracks were.

Examining the woman I couldn’t believe it. I not only met this woman, before I knew this would be big news for this woman was Arnold Ivan, the software king’s daughter, Paris Ivan.
©Sheilagh Lee November 2, 2017

To be continued next year when book is released

No comments:

Post a Comment