Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Fionnuala


    I thought back to what Fionnuala told me two days ago, “I need you to take a deep breath.” she’d said and then she told me the good news she carried my babe. Fionnuala and I would run away to Toronto away from Patrick Thoron, the rich brute, her father bade her marry. My distant cousin offered me a job and a place for us in Toronto where they couldn’t reach us.

     Night fell and still Fionnuala didn’t appear. I entered her father’s house and felt a pain in the back of my head. When I awoke I found the house empty devoid of furniture as if she’d never existed at all. 
Finally I went back to the cliff hoping against hope that somehow she reappear. Night fell and as I took one step towards the edge of the cliff I heard, “Frederick, my love you’ve finally come.”
She looked so different. Her hair had turned white overnight and her face was lined with wrinkles. What had they done to her?
“Where have you been?” I asked.
“Waiting for you,” she said.
        Fionnuala smiled, and the air around me swirled with pinpoints of light until it became all encompassing. Time had no meaning. I looked at her seeing once again the woman Id first fallen in love with and I realized that this was what I had been waiting for all this time; for we were now together for eternity at last, no one could ever keep us part.
©Sheilagh Lee March 28, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment