Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Brief Shining Moments


      My heart pounding in my chest, I ran in to the emergency room. Hearing voices, yell stop i ignored them and continued my eyes sought only him.
     It can’t be too late, I thought. I shouldn’t have argued with him this morning, told him I hated him simply; because he said he wasn’t ready for more children.  He’d begged me to forgive him when I told him I was pregnant I shouldn’t have wanted him to make it up to me. It was petty and below me. I’d seen the damage that had been done to his car, I passed the tow truck that took it away on the way to the hospital. He had to have survived; I couldn’t leave without him.
My eyes still sought him out even as a security guard spoke to me, “Help you ma’am?”
“I’m looking for my husband, Daniel Trent.”
     The security pulled up the information on the computer and said “Right this way.”

        I followed him to a cubicle pulled back the curtain and there was Daniel. His head was bandaged but his blue eyes looked at me and smiled just as I ran into his arms.
We both opened our mouths and out tumbled at the same time, “Did I ever tell you how much I love you?”

      We talked of the future and of our baby. Daniel was sure it was a boy and wanted to name him Daniel Jr. 
       
The doctor came in and said Daniel had gotten off lucky a few bruises and cuts but that he could go home. I was relieved I got my car picked up Daniel and helped into the car. Sometime on the drive home Daniel grasped his head and then his eyes rolled back. I turned the car around got him to the hospital but it was too late and Daniel died.
It's been a year now and as I look at our baby I wish I'd handled things better. Daniel was distracted and that's why he had the accident'but our son Daniel junior will always know love and know that his father loved him. I will keep Daniel's memory alive and Daniel will live on in his son. As for me I'm grateful that forone brief shining time I had Daniel in my life.
©Sheilagh Lee April 17, 2018





No comments:

Post a Comment